Yesterday, we had the lovely ladies of Heirloom Living Market at the gym for a meet and greet (don’t worry if you missed them this week, they’ll be back). Since I was running low on food and everything they had looked delicious, I bought this box of awesome:
I roasted the beets with rosemary, chopped up and sauteed the bell peppers and onions and threw everything else in the fridge. I had a plan for just about everything in the box, except for the carrots. What do you do with carrots besides a hilarious Bugs Bunny impression? Apparently you eat them.
Thanks to the lovely Juli Bauer, I now know what to do with carrots:
- 2 large carrots, finely shredded
- ⅔ cup almond butter
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons raw honey
- 35 grams (or 1 heaping scoop) Formulx Vanilla Whey Protein (or 2 tablespoons coconut flour if you do not eat use protein powder)
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Shred carrots as thin as possible. Place in large bowl.
- Add almond butter and eggs and mix well.
- Then add honey, protein powder, baking powder and salt and mix well.
- Fold in raisins.
- Grease an 8×8 glass baking dish with coconut oil, pour batter into the dish and place in oven. Bake for 35 minutes or until the top of the cake has a nice crust to it.
- Let cool before cutting.